5 Simple Tips for Massaging your Baby
Baby massage is a fun and rewarding experience as we'll show below, and can be very helpful too in keeping your baby's health in top shape. The Blissful Baby Box is an ideal starter kit for new parents, so either treat yourself to one, or nudge your friends into buying it as a present for you.
So here are the top five facts and tips for massaging your baby.
1) Bonding - One of the best ways to bond with your baby is through skin-to-skin contact, so massaging your baby can be the best way to bond with them. It also allows your partner to be involved, so fathers can join in and help out too and not feel left out during the bonding process.
2) Massaging helps out a lot - Not only will massaging with Baby Massage Oil help keep their skin clean and fresh, it also helps out with their digestive system, lets them relax, improves their skin condition and blood circulation system, and their immune system too. It can also relieve teething pains too! And massaging allows you to learn your baby's moods and particular idiosyncrasies, so you'll be able to tell what kind of mood your baby is in a lot faster. So there are definite benefits to massaging your baby!
3) It builds self-esteem - If you're feeling low after giving birth, then massaging your baby can help out as it allows you to gain self-esteem by building trust and communication between you and your baby, as well as gaining a new skill for helping to care for your baby. This can help you regain your self-esteem and become confident in yourself again.
4) Make it regular - Babies both appreciate and need a regular routine, so make sure that you massage them at a set time, for example, after their evening bath but before bedtime. You can use the Top to Toe Wash from the Blissful Baby Box. This all over wash contains lavender water, calendula and aloe-vera and can be used before a lovely massage to help baby go to sleep and sleep better. This could help both of you relax and unwind after a stressful day and get better quality sleep.
5) Enjoy it! - This tip may seem daft, but remember that you're doing this massage to bond with your baby. Both you and your baby should enjoy it and see it as something fun to do and not a chore. If it does start to feel like a chore, then ask your partner to take over for a few days whilst you take some time off to relax and rest up. Remember to enjoy yourself and your bonding time with your baby.